wxpython ultimatelistctrl problem

floatingshed
I can't get ULC to getitem. Even in the demo (report version) clicking an item prints "self.currentItem = event.Index AttributeError: Index"
The code is identical to the standard wx.listctrl, it just doesn't work in ultimate.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Re: wxpython ultimatelistctrl problem

floatingshed
More details:
Windows 10 (1607)
Python 3.6.3
wxpython 4.0.0b2

My problem is clearly apparent in the 4.0.0b2 demo, clicking on an item in ultimatelistctrl (report or  list view) returns:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "agw\UltimateVirtualDemo.py", line 87, in OnItemSelected
    self.currentItem = event.Index
AttributeError: Index

or:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "agw\UltimateReportDemo.py", line 802, in OnItemDeselected
    self.log.write("OnItemDeselected: %d\n" % evt.Index)
AttributeError: Index
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "agw\UltimateReportDemo.py", line 782, in OnItemSelected
    self.currentItem = event.Index
AttributeError: Index

Basically the same error. Help!

Re: wxpython ultimatelistctrl problem

Rufus V. Smith
Does event have an Index attribute?   Is it possible it should be lower case "index"?

or should you be using event.GetEventObject().Index?

Just some thoughts...

On Nov 4, 2017, at 7:17 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

[...]

This is the wxpython demo, I haven't made any changes or copied it elsewhere. I am actually running the demo.
Index (uppercase I) would seem to be correct as listctrl uses almost identical code, and that works but isn't suitable for my purpose.
I have installed these versions of python and wxpython on three different machines, two versions of win10 and a win7 PC, same result on all.
I also tried with python 3.6.1, same result.

My project has stalled now. :-(

On Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 3:28:18 AM UTC, [hidden email] wrote:
I can't get ULC to getitem. Even in the demo (report version) clicking an item prints "self.currentItem = event.Index AttributeError: Index"
The code is identical to the standard wx.listctrl, it just doesn't work in ultimate.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Re: wxpython ultimatelistctrl problem

Andrea Gavana
Hi,

On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 at 22.12, <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is the wxpython demo, I haven't made any changes or copied it elsewhere. I am actually running the demo.
Index (uppercase I) would seem to be correct as listctrl uses almost identical code, and that works but isn't suitable for my purpose.
I have installed these versions of python and wxpython on three different machines, two versions of win10 and a win7 PC, same result on all.
I also tried with python 3.6.1, same result.

My project has stalled now. :-(

I think it’s a bug in the demo, introduced when it was ported from Classic to Phoenix. I’m not in front of a PC, can you try and use GetItemIndex instead of Index in the demo?

Andrea.

On Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 3:28:18 AM UTC, [hidden email] wrote:
I can't get ULC to getitem. Even in the demo (report version) clicking an item prints "self.currentItem = event.Index AttributeError: Index"
The code is identical to the standard wx.listctrl, it just doesn't work in ultimate.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Re: wxpython ultimatelistctrl problem

floatingshed
Hello,
Thanks for helping.
Do you mean simply replace Index with GetIndex? That gives more errors:

    self.ultimateList.GetItemText(self.currentItem),
  File "C:\Python36\lib\site-packages\wx\lib\agw\ultimatelistctrl.py", line 11385, in GetItemText
    return self._mainWin.GetItemText(item)
  File "C:\Python36\lib\site-packages\wx\lib\agw\ultimatelistctrl.py", line 6331, in GetItemText
    info = self.GetItem(info)
  File "C:\Python36\lib\site-packages\wx\lib\agw\ultimatelistctrl.py", line 8966, in GetItem
    if item._itemId < 0 or item._itemId >= self.GetItemCount():
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'method' and 'int'

I am fairly inexperienced in this, my aim is to learn from a working demo, I'm afraid I'm not adept enough to repair it first.
Thanks.

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 4:43:17 AM UTC, Infinity77 wrote:
Sorry, I meant GetIndex.

Andrea.

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 at 05.28, Andrea Gavana <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Yx20ienMCgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">andrea...@...> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 at 22.12, <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Yx20ienMCgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">floati...@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi, what I meant is to replace this:

item.Index

With this:

item.GetIndex()

The demo should of course be fixed but I have very little time these days and I’m not a very good friend with git yet...

Andrea.

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 at 08.44, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry I don't understand. The line causing the problem is: self.currentItem = event.Index

Do you mean I should modify your original code or the scrip calling it?

Thanks.

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 at 08.44, <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="MXvdjwXXCgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">floati...@...> wrote:

On 5 November 2017 at 08:55, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry I don't understand. The line causing the problem is: self.currentItem = event.Index

Do you mean I should modify your original code or the scrip calling it?

Thanks.

What I meant is: in the demo (which should obviously be fixed), instead of using:

self.currentItem = event.Index

Use:

self.currentItem = event.GetIndex()

You should do the same on your project.

Andrea.

[...]

Ok, thanks done that...
I am now getting the expected row data. Thanks.

There is still a problem though:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Python\Scratch\UltimateReportDemo.py", line 802, in OnItemDeselected
    self.log.write("OnItemDeselected: %d\n" % evt.Index)
AttributeError: Index
OnItemSelected: 7, Paula Abdul, Opposites
Attract, Rock

Thanks for all the help.

On Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 3:28:18 AM UTC, [hidden email] wrote:
I can't get ULC to getitem. Even in the demo (report version) clicking an item prints "self.currentItem = event.Index AttributeError: Index"
The code is identical to the standard wx.listctrl, it just doesn't work in ultimate.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Re: wxpython ultimatelistctrl problem

Karsten Hilbert
On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 05:37:12AM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:

> There is still a problem though:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "E:\Python\Scratch\UltimateReportDemo.py", line 802, in
> OnItemDeselected
>     self.log.write("OnItemDeselected: %d\n" % evt.Index)
                                                ^^^^^^^^^
> AttributeError: Index
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> item prints "self.currentItem = event.Index AttributeError: Index"
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: wxpython ultimatelistctrl problem

floatingshed
I am new to this, I don't know what you are telling me please use words instead of arrows.
I am just trying to get the demo to work, I'm really surprised that a demo doesn't!

On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 05:58:07AM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:

> I am new to this, I don't know what you are telling me please use words instead of arrows.

What I was trying to point out is that you are seeing the
same problem, with near-identically worded messages. It is
quite likely that the solution Andrea provided works for
this instance, too.

Regards,