wxpython 4.0.3 installs the wrong version of PyPubSub

wxpython 4.0.3 installs the wrong version of PyPubSub

steve
Hi,

I have python 2.7. I install wxpython 4.0.3 from wxPython-4.0.3-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl wheel file. But it installs PyPubSub for Python 3. Therefore it crashes.

Re: wxpython 4.0.3 installs the wrong version of PyPubSub

Scott Talbert
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018, steve wrote:

> I have python 2.7. I install wxpython 4.0.3
> from wxPython-4.0.3-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl wheel file. But it installs
> PyPubSub for Python 3. Therefore it crashes.

That's because there is no PyPubSub for Python 2 anymore.  This should be
fixed when 4.0.4 comes out as PyPubSub will be bundled with wxPython
again.

Scott

Re: wxpython 4.0.3 installs the wrong version of PyPubSub

张慧聪
Maybe you can see PyPubSub's official site to check old version for python2(just like ipython5 for python2), and install a specific version of PyPubSub by using "pip install PyPubSub==x.y.z" syntax.