[wxPython] wxWindows *features*

Niki Spahiev-3
Hi Robin and all!

wxPython-2.1.14-20000227.exe
WinNT 4.0 SP3

I found 3 *features* of wxWindows:

1. PrintPreview does not show right side of sheet in big zooms.
2. Stack order of frames is wrong shen app is activated.
Example:
if we have frame C over frame B ofer frame A and close frame C
we got A over B.
3. If i put handler in root frame for all wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED events
as:

    self.Connect(-1,-1, wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED, self.OnMenuCommand)

ComboBoxes in subframes stop to work! After some diggin in sorces i found that
in src\msw\window.cpp wxWindow::HandleCommand translates EN messages to
wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED ones?!?

I can live with #1 but #2 is very annoying.
If nothig else can help i will start to debug wxWindows. :(

Niki Spahiev
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] wxWindows *features*

Robin Dunn
> 1. PrintPreview does not show right side of sheet in big zooms.

I'll take a look.

> 2. Stack order of frames is wrong shen app is activated.
> Example:
> if we have frame C over frame B ofer frame A and close frame C
> we got A over B.

This has been discussed on the wx-devel list and I think a fix has been done.

> 3. If i put handler in root frame for all wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED
events
> as:
>
>     self.Connect(-1,-1, wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED, self.OnMenuCommand)
>
> ComboBoxes in subframes stop to work! After some diggin in sorces i found
that
> in src\msw\window.cpp wxWindow::HandleCommand translates EN messages to
> wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED ones?!?

Does the combobox have the same ID as one of your menu items?

RE: [wxPython] wxWindows *features*

Echeverria Rabi, Cristian  Rodrigo, TRANSELEC S.A.
        > 2. Stack order of frames is wrong shen app is activated.Example:
        > if we have frame C over frame B ofer frame A and close frame C
        > we got A over B.

        I had detected the same problem with interim 2.1.14 and maybe this
is related
        with the flashing I see on dialogs when I close them.
        With wxPython 2.1.11 when you close a dialog the re-painting is very
clean, but
        since 2.1.13 you can see an ugly flash.

        Cristian Echeverria