[wxPython] wxValidators?

Harri Pasanen-3
Hello,

Any plans to add support for wxValidators?   I looked quickly, but didn't
seem to be there yet.

-Harri

Re: [wxPython] wxValidators?

Robin Dunn

> Any plans to add support for wxValidators?   I looked quickly, but didn't
> seem to be there yet.

Well, look harder!  <grin>

wxValidator was added in 2.1.4, as well as wxPyValidator which should be
used for deriving your own validator classes. See the demo for an example.
Please note that you MUST implement a Clone method in your validator classes
because of the way some things work in the underlying C++ library.  I did
not add wxTextValidator because of some issues of how it transfers data to
and from a wxString, which in wxPython is automatically translated to and
from Python strings, so there would never be a concrete wxString that would
hang around long enough for the validator to do its job.  On the other hand,
it should be real easy to duplicate the functionality of wxTextValidator in
a pure Python class derived from wxPyValidator.

RE: [wxPython] wxValidators?

Cristian Echeverria-2
It is there (into wxPython 2.1.5)
look at Miscellaneous into demo.py