[wxPython] wxTreeCtrl Problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[wxPython] wxTreeCtrl Problem

George Thom@s
Hi everyone,
I recently got started on wxPython (2.1.11). I have an application
comprising a single wxFrame object containing a splitter window. One of the
two panes of the splitter window is a tree control. I used the parent
function SetBackgroundColour() of the tree control but the portions of the
window underlying the tree nodes still remains white. I haven't really been
able to figure out why this is happening and how I could remedy it. Please
advise.
Regards and thanks in advance,
Best wishes for the new year,
George
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Thomas
Resident,Planet Earth,Third Rock from the Sun
[hidden email]


Flat No. FI-5, Fifth Floor,
Himagirinath Co-op. Hsg. Society,
486A Elphinstone Road,
Kirkee, Pune - 411003,
Maharashtra State,
India.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
wxPython-users maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/wxpython-users



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [wxPython] wxTreeCtrl Problem

Robin Dunn
> I recently got started on wxPython (2.1.11). I have an application
> comprising a single wxFrame object containing a splitter window. One of the
> two panes of the splitter window is a tree control. I used the parent
> function SetBackgroundColour() of the tree control but the portions of the
> window underlying the tree nodes still remains white. I haven't really been
> able to figure out why this is happening and how I could remedy it. Please
> advise.

There is a new tree control method called SetItemBackgroundColour that will
be in the next interim release (probably tonight,) but it doesn't do anything
about the background colour of the connecting lines and expand/contract
buttons.  I think this is a limitation of the MSW common tree control, but
I've brought it up on the wxwin-developer list to see if anything can be done
about it.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman
[hidden email]
http://AllDunn.com/robin/
http://AllDunn.com/wxPython/  Check it out!





_______________________________________________
wxPython-users maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/wxpython-users



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [wxPython] wxTreeCtrl Problem

Arpad Kiss-2
Robin Dunn wrote:

>
> > I recently got started on wxPython (2.1.11). I have an application
> > comprising a single wxFrame object containing a splitter window. One of the
> > two panes of the splitter window is a tree control. I used the parent
> > function SetBackgroundColour() of the tree control but the portions of the
> > window underlying the tree nodes still remains white. I haven't really been
> > able to figure out why this is happening and how I could remedy it. Please
> > advise.
>
> There is a new tree control method called SetItemBackgroundColour that will
> be in the next interim release (probably tonight,) but it doesn't do anything
> about the background colour of the connecting lines and expand/contract
> buttons.  I think this is a limitation of the MSW common tree control, but
> I've brought it up on the wxwin-developer list to see if anything can be done
> about it.

Hi,

Well, I use MSW common tree from VB and the background colour of the
tree control isn't able to set from VB. I have found  a solution: there
are some tree specific window styles that you have to set. At the moment
I couldn't find the source of it(maybe on Monday at my workspace...).
On the other hand a disabled tree control not too nice(all items
background become greyed); and that solution solves this too.

Arpad Kiss

>
> --
> Robin Dunn
> Software Craftsman
> [hidden email]
> http://AllDunn.com/robin/
> http://AllDunn.com/wxPython/  Check it out!
>
> _______________________________________________


_______________________________________________
wxPython-users maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/wxpython-users



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [wxPython] wxTreeCtrl Problem

Robin Dunn
In reply to this post by George Thom@s
> I recently got started on wxPython (2.1.11). I have an application
> comprising a single wxFrame object containing a splitter window. One of the
> two panes of the splitter window is a tree control. I used the parent
> function SetBackgroundColour() of the tree control but the portions of the
> window underlying the tree nodes still remains white. I haven't really been
> able to figure out why this is happening and how I could remedy it. Please
> advise.

This has been fixed in wxWindows, (as long as you have a recent version of
the comctl32.dll file) and so will be in the next interim build.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman
[hidden email]
http://AllDunn.com/robin/
http://AllDunn.com/wxPython/  Check it out!



_______________________________________________
wxPython-users maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/wxpython-users