[wxPython] wxTextCtrl seems to have a buffer size of exactly 30,000 bytes

[wxPython] wxTextCtrl seems to have a buffer size of exactly 30,000 bytes

Andrew Yinger
Hi.

    I seem to be running into a problem when I write more than 30,000 bytes to a wxTextCtrl Window (style=wxTE_MULTILINE|wxTE_READONLY|wxVSCROLL).

    Obviously I should just do a txtCtrl.Clear() periodically, but for some functions I am redirecting an entire string from output all at once, and if the string is > 30,000 bytes, the text that appears in the wxTextCtrl just stops at the 30,000th character.  Is there some way of constructing a wxTextCtrol object with more than the default 30,000 bytes?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Re: [wxPython] wxTextCtrl seems to have a buffer size of exactly 30,000 bytes

Robin Dunn
Use the wxTE_RICH style.  This causes the RichEdit control to be used instead of the standard control and will supposedly allow upto 2GB.

    I seem to be running into a problem when I write more than 30,000 bytes to a wxTextCtrl Window (style=wxTE_MULTILINE|wxTE_READONLY|wxVSCROLL).

    Obviously I should just do a txtCtrl.Clear() periodically, but for some functions I am redirecting an entire string from output all at once, and if the string is > 30,000 bytes, the text that appears in the wxTextCtrl just stops at the 30,000th character.  Is there some way of constructing a wxTextCtrol object with more than the default 30,000 bytes?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Re: [wxPython] wxTextCtrl seems to have a buffer size of exactly 30,000 bytes

Piet van Oostrum

RD> Use the wxTE_RICH style. This causes the RichEdit control to be used
RD> instead of the standard control and will supposedly allow upto 2GB.

Where is this documented?
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
Private email: [hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] wxTextCtrl seems to have a buffer size of exactly 30,000 bytes

Robin Dunn

> RD> Use the wxTE_RICH style. This causes the RichEdit control to be used
> RD> instead of the standard control and will supposedly allow upto 2GB.
>
> Where is this documented?

Apparently it's not.  There was discussion on wxwin-dev list a couple days
ago about it and it was mentioned that the flag hadn't been documented yet.