[wxPython] wxPythonCSS..?

Jason Cunliffe-2
Hello

Thanks for the tip below...

I'm _very_ new to wxPython..
Delighted by its framework capabilities, and impressed by the scope it
offers our work.

But as a graphic designer I am disturbed by the look'n'feel of borders etc.
Not wxPython's fault I know and I  am spoiled by the graphic freedom of
developing interfaces with Macromedia Director. Indeed on win32, we plan to
embed Shockwave .DCR files into wxPython frames so we can explore
interfaces with wizbang graphics quickly. But this will not work
cross-platform and dtracts from teh overall design philosophy of a
python-based reusavble architecture satisfying invisible and visble needs..

So I am looking for ways to make the design of our wxPython application as
graphically 'clean' and border-free as possible.

Any tips on where to look in the code and how to approach this aspect of
creating 'styles' in wxPython apps?

What I want is a way to use a sort of 'wxPythonCSS' = cascading style
sheets for wxPython.. so instead of diving into patches we can set high
level graphics styles for borders, tabs, frames, canvases etc. Is this
possible?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

- Jason Cunliffe

At 08:04 PM 3/13/00 EET, you wrote:

>Hello!
>
>if you patch demo/main.py like this:
>
>  if _useSplitter:
>    splitter = wxSplitterWindow(self, -1, style=wxNO_3D|wxSP_3D)
>    if _useNestedSplitter:
>      splitter2 = wxSplitterWindow(splitter, -1, style=wxNO_3D|wxSP_3D)
>
>it looks better - No double 3D borders :)
>

>Niki Spahiev
>e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] wxPythonCSS..?

Dirk Holtwick
Netscape Plugins for wxWindows?

That sounds interesting and brings another question in my mind. Jason was
speaking about Shockwave/ Flash inside of wxPython. The first general
question: is it possible under all platforms. Second: wouldn't it be a
nice feature to write a widget that emedds Netscape plugins? They are
available under a lot of platforms and must have a fix API interface. Once
written we could use it in the wxHTML widget too.

The general question: am I totally wrong or does it make sense?

Dirk