[wxPython] wxPython: wxGrid.SetLabelValue

[wxPython] wxPython: wxGrid.SetLabelValue

Udo FlXgel
Hallo,
here my first experiences with wxGrid(wxPython, W95).

SetLabelValue:
  Relabeling(having other texts for the headers than standard-labels)
impossible, if the grid is created with zero col's/rows and
  the col's/rows are after then appended, which is the case, if the grid
has to be rearranged after its creation.

horizontal Label-width:
  not sufficient space for labels set by script. Whole longer words are
unfortunately impossible.

Are there some things I've made possible wrong ?

My first impression of wxPython is really very good - no comparison in
performance with swing/awt and the possibilities seems me to be
sufficient.

Regards, Udo

Re: [wxPython] wxPython: wxGrid.SetLabelValue

Robin Dunn

> SetLabelValue:
>   Relabeling(having other texts for the headers than standard-labels)
> impossible, if the grid is created with zero col's/rows and

Did you try calling Refresh() after calling SetLabelValue()?  I've noticed
that it is required to update the display after making label changes.
(Although I didn't try with a grid that was originally 0,0...)

> horizontal Label-width:
>   not sufficient space for labels set by script. Whole longer words are
> unfortunately impossible.

SetLabelSize() works, but again you need to call Refresh() after.