[wxPython] wxPytho docs

Edward Muller-3
I'd like to start working on wxPython specific docs, with source
examples and all.

Obviously I'll use the wxWindows docs as a starting point, but I'd like
to hear everyones opinions on documentation styles, notes etc, etc,
etc...Basically whatever you think is revelant.

Re: [wxPython] wxPytho docs

Edward Muller-3
Ionel Simionescu wrote:

> | I'd like to start working on wxPython specific docs, with source
> | examples and all.
> |
> | Obviously I'll use the wxWindows docs as a starting point, but I'd like
> | to hear everyones opinions on documentation styles, notes etc, etc,
> | etc...Basically whatever you think is revelant.
>
> To let it start rolling, here's my (aerial) perspective.
>
> Docs can target several formats:
> - book (static, almost linear, requires a clear (set of) narrative
> thread(s) )
> - hypertext ( dynamic, webby, requires a set of clearly defined interfaces )

Format: Hypertext (of course)

> Docs can target several audiences:
> - newbies
> - normal users
> - developers/hackers

Initially developers, then back up the list....

> Docs may be:
> - a (quick) reference source
> - a low-level how-to
> - a high-level how-to

Reference source first, then onto how-Tos and FAQs

> You may want to asses what resources you want to use:
> - other docs
> - contributions from users
> - adaptated code of yours/others

Start with wxWindows docs, convert them over to purely python syntax, add
python examples (esp. events and such)

> You may wish to set up an open workspace such as to be able to collect
> contributions, comments, annotations, etc. You can consider the Zope
> publishing framework for a platform.

probably will....