[wxPython] wxNotebook

kosh-2
I am having a problem using wxNotebook. Does anyone know how to construct
a page with checkboxes and buttons and stuff and insert it into a
notebook. I have been able to add pages just fine that contain one control
but am not sure how to add a page that contains lots of controls. It is
probably something easy but I have not been using python that long.

Another curiosity is that wxNotebook.GetPage() does not seem to be
consistent. I can click on a page click next to it and then click on the
same tab again and often the page numbers change. Is there anyway to
enforce pagenumbers? That way I can grab items by page or is there another
way to get a certain page? It is possible to change the order of the tabs
easily? (Other than copying, inserting, and deleting)

                                Thanks

Re: [wxPython] wxNotebook

Robin Dunn
> I am having a problem using wxNotebook. Does anyone know how to construct
> a page with checkboxes and buttons and stuff and insert it into a
> notebook. I have been able to add pages just fine that contain one control
> but am not sure how to add a page that contains lots of controls. It is
> probably something easy but I have not been using python that long.

Add the controls to a wxPanel and add the panel to the notebook.

> Another curiosity is that wxNotebook.GetPage() does not seem to be
> consistent. I can click on a page click next to it and then click on the
> same tab again and often the page numbers change. Is there anyway to
> enforce pagenumbers? That way I can grab items by page or is there another
> way to get a certain page?

GetPage simply returns the page at the given index in an array.  I'm not
sure what you mean by the page numbers change, which page numbers?  Please
elaborate.

> It is possible to change the order of the tabs
> easily? (Other than copying, inserting, and deleting)

You can RemovePage() (which doesn't delete the page) and then InsertPage()
at the position you want it.