[wxPython] wxLog functions

Tom Fenn-2
Is the set of wxLogXXX functions  implemented in wxPython?  If not, do you
have any suggestions
for replacements?

Tom Fenn

Re: [wxPython] wxLog functions

Robin Dunn
> Is the set of wxLogXXX functions  implemented in wxPython?  If not, do you
> have any suggestions
> for replacements?

No, they are not there.  if your needs for logging are not overly complex
then you might try the logger module that is part of my Sleepycat DB package
at http://starship.python.net/crew/robind/

Re: [wxPython] wxLog functions

Hannu Krosing-2
Robin Dunn wrote:

> > Is the set of wxLogXXX functions  implemented in wxPython?  If not, do you
> > have any suggestions
> > for replacements?
> >

> No, they are not there.  if your needs for logging are not overly complex
> then you might try the logger module that is part of my Sleepycat DB package
> at http://starship.python.net/crew/robind/

Why not use 'import syslog' ?

Re: [wxPython] wxLog functions

> Are they not there because you haven't had time, or because there was some
> obstacle that was difficult to overcome?  If it's the former I'd be
willing
> to take a crack at it once I'm more familiar with wxWindows.

Mainly because I didn't feel they were a priority since it would be very
easy to do something like them or even better in Python itself.  I'll add it
to the list though.  If you don't get to it I eventually will.