[wxPython] wxListCtrl weirdness in demo.py

[wxPython] wxListCtrl weirdness in demo.py

David Edwards-5
I've found what I think is incorrect behaviour with wxListCtrl. It can be
seen in demo.py in the wxListCtrl demo. It seems almost as if there is a
hidden fourth column. If I move my mouse in the header, somewhere around the
"(2)" of the text "One More Column (2)" the cursor changes to "<=>" and an
invisible divider can be moved around. If you move it to the left, it will
even clip the text of the third column.

Am I misunderstanding something or is this wrong?

David Edwards

RE: [wxPython] wxListCtrl weirdness in demo.py

Mike  Fletcher
If I'm understanding the problem correctly, this is the default behaviour of
a report-style listctrl (and you can see the same in the Windows explorer).
Effectively, there's no default "expansion" of the columns to take up the
space used by the list ctrl, so there is a "potential columns" area to the
right of the actual columns.  You are moving the border between the
potential and real columns (or, more prosaically, changing the width of the
final real column, leaving some space on the right).

Cheers,
Mike

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:09:02 -0500 , Mike  Fletcher wrote:

>  If I'm understanding the problem correctly, this is the default behaviour
of
>  a report-style listctrl (and you can see the same in the Windows
explorer).
>  Effectively, there's no default "expansion" of the columns to take up the
>  space used by the list ctrl, so there is a "potential columns" area to
the
>  right of the actual columns.  You are moving the border between the
>  potential and real columns (or, more prosaically, changing the width of
the
>  final real column, leaving some space on the right).
>
>  Cheers,
>  Mike

Thanks for the quick response. I went to another computer that was running
Windows and I see what you mean. I neglected to mention that I was running
wxGTK. On my system, I don't see that extra 'handle' (vertical bar) like
Explorer has, mine is invisible. I guess that is what freaked me out.

David Edwards