[wxPython] wxGauge and adjustments

Gregory Landrum

[NT, wxPython 2.1.11]

Hi all,

it seems like several of the functions available for adjusting
wxGauges just don't work.  For example, this code:
  gauge.SetBezelFace(50)
  print gauge.GetBezelFace()
always prints out '0'
We get similar behaviour for SetShadowWidth()

Any clues as to what is going on?

Thanks

-greg

----
Greg Landrum, Ph.D.              [hidden email]
Sr. Research Scientist      Dupont Pharmaceutical Research Lab
  These are my views, not necessarily those of my employer.

Re: [wxPython] wxGauge and adjustments

Robin Dunn
> [NT, wxPython 2.1.11]
>
> Hi all,
>
> it seems like several of the functions available for adjusting
> wxGauges just don't work.  For example, this code:
>   gauge.SetBezelFace(50)
>   print gauge.GetBezelFace()
> always prints out '0'
> We get similar behaviour for SetShadowWidth()
>
> Any clues as to what is going on?

I complained about this one myself about a year ago.  The issue is that the
gauge is a native control on MSW, but is implemented genericly for the some
of the other platforms.  The generic version supports these methods but the
MSW control does not so they are just no-ops in that version of the class.

There are a few other things like this scattered throughout the library.

At 10:18 AM 1/18/00 -0800, Robin Dunn wrote:

>I complained about this one myself about a year ago.  The issue is that the
>gauge is a native control on MSW, but is implemented genericly for the some
>of the other platforms.  The generic version supports these methods but the
>MSW control does not so they are just no-ops in that version of the class.
>
>There are a few other things like this scattered throughout the library.

The *very* misleading thing about this is that the (MS-Help)
documentation for wxWindows says:

---------
wxGauge::GetShadowWidth
int GetShadowWidth() const

Returns the 3D shadow margin width.

Remarks
Windows only, not for wxGA_PROGRESSBAR.
---------

which is basically the opposite of what you just said.  This looks like a
VERY BAD documentation failure.  :-(

-greg

----