[wxPython] wxDC's

Tom Fenn-2
Hello:

I am at a loss as to how I can get the current size of the wxClientDC.  That
is, if I create a wxFrame with size of (100,500), what method of wxDC will
give me the actual size of the client window?

BTW, as I figure out wxPython, I'm writing my notes in a pretty detailed
form, which will hopefully form the basis of a fairly complete introduction
to wxPython.  I'll post more details, and the first couple sections in a
week or so.

Tom Fenn

Re: [wxPython] wxDC's

Robin Dunn

> I am at a loss as to how I can get the current size of the wxClientDC.
That
> is, if I create a wxFrame with size of (100,500), what method of wxDC will
> give me the actual size of the client window?

size = dc.GetSize()
width, height = dc.GetSizeTuple()

or even

size = self.GetClientSize()

> BTW, as I figure out wxPython, I'm writing my notes in a pretty detailed
> form, which will hopefully form the basis of a fairly complete introduction
> to wxPython.  I'll post more details, and the first couple sections in a
> week or so.

Cool!