[wxPython] wxCaret example?

Andrew McCumiskey
I was wondering if anybody out there has a small example using the wxCaret
class.  I spent the weekend rewriting the caret.cpp sample that comes with
wxWindows.  Unfortunately, I can never get the caret to display on the
screen.

One method that appears to be missing from the implementation is the SetCaret
method.  I assume that wxPython automatically sets the caret but can't be
sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I am running the latest interim release dated 1/9/00.

Andrew

Re: [wxPython] wxCaret example?

Robin Dunn
> I was wondering if anybody out there has a small example using the wxCaret
> class.  I spent the weekend rewriting the caret.cpp sample that comes with
> wxWindows.  Unfortunately, I can never get the caret to display on the
> screen.

Unfortunately the place I've been using it does not qualify as a "small"
example.  It's currently about 2500 lines...  I'll add an item to my todo
list to make something to add to the demo, or you can send me what you've
ported from caret.cpp.

> One method that appears to be missing from the implementation is the
SetCaret
> method.  I assume that wxPython automatically sets the caret but can't be
> sure.

Do you mean wxWindow.SetCaret?  It is definitly there in the latest interim.
GetCaret too.  wxPython doesn't do anything special here, the window has to
be told what it's caret is so it can manage turning it on and off with the
focus.