[wxPython] using wxPython.ogl on RedHat 6.1

[wxPython] using wxPython.ogl on RedHat 6.1

Jeff Turner-5
Has anyone been successful using OGL (wht wxGTK) on an
x86 RedHat 6.1?   If so, could you send me a correct permutation of
wxGTK, wxPython, swig, rpm/tar, ...  (note: i can run most of the
other wxPython samples, just not ogl)

When i try to use OGL from installed RPMs:

    Mesa-3.0-2.i386.rpm
    wxGTK-2.1.13-0.i386.rpm
    wxPython-2.1.13-1.i386.rpm

i get the following:

>>> import wxPython.ogl
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/ogl.py", line 2, in ?
    import oglc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/oglcmodule.so:
undefined symbol: __pure_virtual

if i try to build from the sources, swigs 1.1p5, 1.3a1 and 1.3a2 all
have various problems during the build -b (in addition to the fact
that wxGTK 2.1.13 requires creating ogl/Makefile and ogl/src/Makefile
by hand, do to a configure oversight, i guess)

thanks for any help,
jeff

Re: [wxPython] using wxPython.ogl on RedHat 6.1

Robin Dunn

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/ogl.py", line 2, in ?
>     import oglc
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/oglcmodule.so:
> undefined symbol: __pure_virtual

Hmm...  Usually this problem happens on the main module too.

> if i try to build from the sources, swigs 1.1p5, 1.3a1 and 1.3a2 all
> have various problems during the build -b (in addition to the fact
> that wxGTK 2.1.13 requires creating ogl/Makefile and ogl/src/Makefile
> by hand, do to a configure oversight, i guess)

You need a "maintenance release" of SWIG.  I've put the version I am using
here:

http://alldunn.com/wxPython/dist/others/swig1.1-810.tar.gz

Re: [wxPython] using wxPython.ogl on RedHat 6.1

Huaiyu Zhu-4
This works for me on RH6.1 on x86:

Mesa-3.0-3
wxGTK-2.1.13-0
wxPython-2.1.13-1

It seems that you have to do import wx first:
import wxPython.wx
import wxPython.ogl

Hope it helps.

--