[wxPython] strange installation problem

Piet van Oostrum
When I install wxpython on my Windows 95 computer the installation
program asks to reboot the computer. After rebooting (when Windows
starts up) it gives an error message, saying essentially that
file
                        :
cannot be replaced by

(I forgot the exact wording).
It looks like there is a filename with only spaces and newlines in it.
It seems to have no further harmfull effects, but it is strange.

This applies to both 2.1.4 and 2.1.5.

Other than this I think wxpython is wonderful!!
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
Private email: [hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] strange installation problem

Robin Dunn
> When I install wxpython on my Windows 95 computer the installation
> program asks to reboot the computer. After rebooting (when Windows
> starts up) it gives an error message, saying essentially that
> file
> :
> cannot be replaced by
>
> (I forgot the exact wording).
> It looks like there is a filename with only spaces and newlines in it.
> It seems to have no further harmfull effects, but it is strange.

I'm working on this.  It's been driving me nuts for the past few days.  I
may just have to create a completly new install script or something because
I can't find what part of the current one is causing this trouble.