[wxPython] multiple selections in wxFileDialog (wxArrayString)

[wxPython] multiple selections in wxFileDialog (wxArrayString)

Gregory P. Smith
Taking a look at why wxMULTIPLE and wxFileDialog.GetFilenames() weren't
defined in wxPython 2.1.13; I've quickly written the attached patch to
add simple wxArrayString& typemaps in the SWIG files.  Unfortunately I
don't have a working wxWindows/wxPython build environment setup to test
it on at the moment.

This is -not tested- but I thought I'd post it as I may not finish
or test it.  (I haven't decided if I really need multiple selection
support from wxFileDialog's yet or if I'll stick to using my own python
explorer-like thing derived from the one implemented in Boa)

Comments, fixes and inclusion in future wxPython versions are welcome
(assuming it works :)

take care,
Greg

--
Gregory P. Smith   gnupg/pgp: http://suitenine.com/greg/keys/
                   C379 1F92 3703 52C9 87C4  BE58 6CDA DB87 105D 9163

wxpython-arraystring.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [wxPython] multiple selections in wxFileDialog (wxArrayString)

Gregory P. Smith
On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 11:16:51PM -0800, Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> Taking a look at why wxMULTIPLE and wxFileDialog.GetFilenames() weren't
> defined in wxPython 2.1.13; I've quickly written the attached patch to
> add simple wxArrayString& typemaps in the SWIG files.
>
> This is -not tested- but I thought I'd post it as I may not finish
> or test it.

Just reading it over -after- I posted it I see my obvious typos of
wxStringArray instead of wxArrayString and that swig will likely need
to be told how to allocate a new wxArrayString object in order to pass
a reference in to GetFilenames.  (ie: more work remains to be done
than I first thought)