[wxPython] metafiles and the clipboard: I'm stumped

[wxPython] metafiles and the clipboard: I'm stumped

Gregory Landrum

[NT and wxPython 2.1.11]

I have YA clipboard question...
I've read all the docs I could find and looked at the demos,
but I can't figure out how to do a couple of really simple
things:
(1) read a metafile off the clipboard in such a way that
    I actually have a metafile in my application.
(2) put a metafile on the clipboard so that other applications
    which support metafiles can use it.
Basically I am totally stumped by the model for dealing with the
clipboard (as is clear from the fact that the only things I've
been able to make work to this point are text and bitmaps, well
the kind of work... see next message).

I'd love to have some sample code which actually does something
non-trivial with the clipboard (not drag and drop stuff using
some specially defined type like in the Demo).

Thanks,
-greg

----
Greg Landrum, Ph.D.              [hidden email]
Sr. Research Scientist      Dupont Pharmaceutical Research Lab
  These are my views, not necessarily those of my employer.

Re: [wxPython] metafiles and the clipboard: I'm stumped

Robin Dunn

> I have YA clipboard question...
> I've read all the docs I could find and looked at the demos,
> but I can't figure out how to do a couple of really simple
> things:
> (1) read a metafile off the clipboard in such a way that
>     I actually have a metafile in my application.
> (2) put a metafile on the clipboard so that other applications
>     which support metafiles can use it.

Metafiles on the Clipboard is broken in wxWindows right now, but it is being
worked on.  When complete there will be a new DataObject type for dealing
with it.

> I'd love to have some sample code which actually does something
> non-trivial with the clipboard (not drag and drop stuff using
> some specially defined type like in the Demo).

I'll see what I can come up with.