[wxPython] keys in wxGrid

Udo Floegel
Hallo,

with 2.1.14(W98) a significant progress in using keys in grid is
achieved!

It seems that all keys are eaten from the scrollbar (if there is any),
what makes some problems.
PgUp,PgDown works fine. But navigating the grid-cursor through the grid
with the arrow-keys is only possible intercepting the events from the
scrollbar.
So I can run in the grid and (have at the same time to scroll, but only
with
KEY_DOWN, because KEY_DOWN causes the scrolling).
Also I can achieve toggling a cells value with the spacebar now (via
KEY_DOWN,
or without scrollbar with KEY_UP(also for the gridcursor in this case)),

don't take away such a possibility in future versions.

Setting gridcursor to -1,-1 is also usefull in case of removing focus
from the grid
(works fine).

It works (but not so elegant as I wished) thanks !

regards, Udo

Re: [wxPython] keys in wxGrid

Robin Dunn
> Hallo,
>
> with 2.1.14(W98) a significant progress in using keys in grid is
> achieved!

Glad to hear it although AFAIK, nothing has changed in the old wxGrid.

> It seems that all keys are eaten from the scrollbar (if there is any),
> what makes some problems.

It's a focus problem.  The grid windows doesn't always keep the focus like it
should and it goes to the scrollbar.  This will be much better in the new
wxGrid.