[wxPython] help on grid - spreadsheet ap

[wxPython] help on grid - spreadsheet ap

Jeff-264

I'm new to wx, and sort of new to python.  I've been doing research and it
would seem that only wxPython has a useable spreadsheet widget.  So I've
read the tutorial on

http://alldunn.com/wxPython/tut-intro.html

and got "hello world" to work fine, but I'm stuck.

I've also tried demo.py, but the "sample" code there doesn't run
stand-alone.

There would seem to be a simple test grid app at:

http://alldunn.com/wxPython/wxpshots.html

But there's no source.

So, can someone get me on the right track here?  Are there more
tutorials?

I can tell that wxPython would like to overtake tkinter, but without the
documentation, there is no chance.

-Jeff

Re: [wxPython] help on grid - spreadsheet ap

Robin Dunn
> So, can someone get me on the right track here?  Are there more
> tutorials?

Are you volunteering?  <wink>  Actually, I hope to do some more soon.

> I can tell that wxPython would like to overtake tkinter, but without the
> documentation, there is no chance.

The C++ docs really are quite useful once you learn how to translate on the
fly from C++ nomenclature to Python.  There have been six or eight people
over the past year or so who have started documentation projects because they
were frustrated by the C++ docs to start.  All of the projects fizzled away,
I beleive because by the time they knew enough to do the documentation they
didn't need it anymore because the C++ was okay.  Personally I'd like to see
one of these succeed because it would be a big help for the newbies, (but
mainly so I don't have to do it myself. ;-)