[wxPython] debian 2.1b1-1

Daniel Glassey-3
Hullo,
        I've just installed python-wxwin 2.1b1-1 and I've got a problem
with the examples. 9 of the files in /usr/doc/python-
wxwin/examples are compressed (including Main.py), and when I
uncompress them and try and run the demo, I get an IOException in
Main (below), and though the demo window comes up, none of the
treeview items does anything.

$ python /usr/doc/python-wxwin/exampes/demo.py
Traceback (innermost last):
        File "/usr/doc/python-wxwin/exampes/Main.py", line 186, in
OnSelChanged
                self.GetDemoFile('Main.py')
        File "/usr/doc/python-wxwin/exampes/Main.py", line 221, in
GetDemoFile
                except IOException:
NameError: IOException

Daniel

P.S. I've managed to get it running under windows and it looks great
:)

Re: [wxPython] debian 2.1b1-1

Robin Dunn
I don't know much about the Debian distributiuon.  You may want to send a
message to the maintainer, Brian Bassett <[hidden email]>, and ask him.
(And also ask why he is two revs behind... ;-)

Robin

Re: [wxPython] debian 2.1b1-1

Stephen Pitts
On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 10:35:19AM -0700, Robin Dunn wrote:
> I don't know much about the Debian distributiuon.  You may want to send a
> message to the maintainer, Brian Bassett <[hidden email]>, and ask him.
> (And also ask why he is two revs behind... ;-)

The Debian version also neglected to package the sizers. :-( I ended up
compiling everything from source and it worked good, just took a long
time (wxWindows is 100,000 lines of code...thats a lot!)
--
Stephen Pitts
[hidden email]