[wxPython] curious validator behavior

Gregory Landrum

I'm trying to get dialog boxes working in wxpython (2.1.11).
I've got them up and happy, and I can add contents to them.
I can even add text entry fields to them (which is what I want to do).
I cannot, however, add text entry fields with validators (subclassed
from wxPyValidator).  The validating fields work just fine if I put
them in a canvas or if I put a wxPanel inside the wxDialog and put the
validating fields inside the wxPanel.
This strikes me as being pretty strange and is either a bug
or a symptom of me really not understanding something.

Any ideas?  I'm at least satisfied to have something that works (the
wxPanel workaround), but the solution is not particularly elegant.

-greg

----
Greg Landrum, Ph.D.              [hidden email]
Sr. Research Scientist      Dupont Pharmaceutical Research Lab
  These are my views, not necessarily those of my employer.