[wxPython] clipboard and image corruption

[wxPython] clipboard and image corruption

Gregory Landrum

[Win NT and wxPython  2.1.11]

Hi All,

Whilst trying to get clipboards working properly in my GUI application,
I've come across some image corruption problems with wxPython.
I'm hoping that the problem is that there is something I'm not understanding
and not a bug...
I've attached a minimal (I believe) program which demonstrates the problem.
If you copy an image onto the clipboard (I've been copying images out
of IE5), open the clipboard viewer, and then run this script, you'll notice
that the image on the clipboard is corrupted (on my machines it looks
as if a fraction of the left portion of the image has been wrapped around
to the right side)... okay, mabye you won't notice that, *I* notice it.
:-)

Any clues as to what might be going on?
-greg

----
Greg Landrum, Ph.D.              [hidden email]
Sr. Research Scientist      Dupont Pharmaceutical Research Lab
  These are my views, not necessarily those of my employer.

clip.py (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [wxPython] clipboard and image corruption

Robin Dunn
> Whilst trying to get clipboards working properly in my GUI application,
> I've come across some image corruption problems with wxPython.
> I'm hoping that the problem is that there is something I'm not
understanding
> and not a bug...
> I've attached a minimal (I believe) program which demonstrates the problem.
> If you copy an image onto the clipboard (I've been copying images out
> of IE5), open the clipboard viewer, and then run this script, you'll notice
> that the image on the clipboard is corrupted (on my machines it looks
> as if a fraction of the left portion of the image has been wrapped around
> to the right side)... okay, mabye you won't notice that, *I* notice it.
> :-)

I did notice a few pixels on the right side that were messed up, but when I
pasted it into Paint Shop Pro the image was fine.  It may just be some
strange interaction with Clipboard Viewer.

At 09:09 AM 1/11/00 -0800, Robin Dunn wrote:

>I did notice a few pixels on the right side that were messed up, but when I
>pasted it into Paint Shop Pro the image was fine.  It may just be some
>strange interaction with Clipboard Viewer.

ARGH!

oh, I am loving Microsoft now.

good thing I spent a long time trying to track this down.

thanks Robin!

-greg

----