wxPython building for wxWidgets 3.1 - Does not compile files in src directory so App not defined

wxPython building for wxWidgets 3.1 - Does not compile files in src directory so App not defined

Bazza Hill
I have wxPython-4.0.0b2 and trying to build for wxWidgets 3.1. It builds without errors after a few minor edits to mostly null  out depreciated functions or change function names ( Also have to set CXXFLAGS to --std=c++11)

However the App object is missing because the source in the  wxPython-4.0.0b2/src is not compiled & linked into the core module.

I am using the following command line to build:

python3 build.py build_py --use_syswx --gtk2 --jobs=6 --release --python=/usr/bin/python3

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Bazza

Re: wxPython building for wxWidgets 3.1 - Does not compile files in src directory so App not defined

Scott Talbert
On Sat, 27 Jan 2018, Bazza Hill wrote:

> I have wxPython-4.0.0b2 and trying to build for wxWidgets 3.1. It builds
> without errors after a few minor edits to mostly null  out depreciated
> functions or change function names ( Also have to set CXXFLAGS to
> --std=c++11)
>
> However the App object is missing because the source in the
> wxPython-4.0.0b2/src is not compiled & linked into the core module.
>
> I am using the following command line to build:
>
> python3 build.py build_py --use_syswx --gtk2 --jobs=6 --release
> --python=/usr/bin/python3
>
> How do I fix this?
Building wxPython4.0 against wxWidgets 3.1 is not trivial and is not
supported.  Someone has started working on it here, but it is not working
as far as I can tell:
https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/pull/588

Scott

Re: wxPython building for wxWidgets 3.1 - Does not compile files in src directory so App not defined

Robin Dunn

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 6:31:46 AM UTC-8, Scott Talbert wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jan 2018, Bazza Hill wrote:

> I have wxPython-4.0.0b2 and trying to build for wxWidgets 3.1. It builds
> without errors after a few minor edits to mostly null  out depreciated
> functions or change function names ( Also have to set CXXFLAGS to
> --std=c++11)
>
> However the App object is missing because the source in the
> wxPython-4.0.0b2/src is not compiled & linked into the core module.
>
> I am using the following command line to build:
>
> python3 build.py build_py --use_syswx --gtk2 --jobs=6 --release
> --python=/usr/bin/python3
>
> How do I fix this?

Building wxPython4.0 against wxWidgets 3.1 is not trivial and is not
supported.

Not supported *yet* :-)

I plan on shifting my attention to wx 3.1 shortly after the wxPython 4.0.0 final release.

http://wxPython.org