[wxPython] another wxWin feature

Niki Spahiev-3
Hi All,

Today my ISP had some problems and sudenly all wxWindows/wxPythons programs
stoped to work! After hour for compiling sources and debuggin i found that
problem is in envoronment string HTTP_PROXY which wxWindows tryes to resolve
at startup! So programs are'nt realy dead the just wait gethostbyname() to
timeout. So be prepared if this happens to you.

Niki Spahiev
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] another wxWin feature

Robin Dunn
I've forwarded this to the wx-devel list, hopefully we can delay the name
resolution until it is really needed.