[wxPython] Window with titlebar and without buttons

[wxPython] Window with titlebar and without buttons

Pieter Claerhout-3
Hello,

is it possible in wxPython to create a window with just a title
bar, but without any button and just the title in it?

Another off topic question about Python: is there also a general
Python list, where I can ask about general Python issues?

Thankx.

Pieter

Pieter Claerhout - [hidden email]
Response Center - Applications Support

Creo Europe - Excelsiorlaan 21 - 1930 Zaventem - Belgium
Tel: +32 (2) 711 14 00 - Fax: +32 (2) 720 96 71

Re: [wxPython] Window with titlebar and without buttons

Robin Dunn
> is it possible in wxPython to create a window with just a title
> bar, but without any button and just the title in it?

Yes.  Look at the styles you can set for the wxFrame.  The default style is
actually a comination of several of the others.  I think if you specify a
style of just wxCAPTION you will get what you want.

> Another off topic question about Python: is there also a general
> Python list, where I can ask about general Python issues?

Yep.  If you have Usenet news it's in comp.lang.python.  If not it's mirrored
to a mail list, [hidden email].  See
http://www.python.org/psa/MailingLists.html for details and info about other
lists.