[wxPython] Widget Grouping and archive search

[wxPython] Widget Grouping and archive search

Nigel Linnett-2
Hi Folks,

   Just downloaded wxPython last week, and have already decided this is the
GUI development kit I will be using (now to re-design my other apps already
in use).

   Browsing through the archives of the list before I downloaded the
package, I ran across a message explaining how to use a vertical/horizontal
line in a frame to allow the visual grouping of objects. But now I can't
find it again. If anyone knows what I am talking about, please send me an
e-mail so I know I'm not losing it. Ideally what I would like to be to do
is place a box object on the screen (like the radio-button box) and then
place objects in it (or at least that effect)

   The one thing I noticed that surprised me when I was browsing the
archives is that there is no search functionality, is this another case of
me losing it, or is this just not something that has been brought up before?

Nigel

P.s. If people want, i can probably setup a mail-account to receive the
list, that we could then search through (totally non-python solution though)

Re: [wxPython] Widget Grouping and archive search

Robin Dunn
>    Browsing through the archives of the list before I downloaded the
> package, I ran across a message explaining how to use a vertical/horizontal
> line in a frame to allow the visual grouping of objects. But now I can't
> find it again. If anyone knows what I am talking about, please send me an
> e-mail so I know I'm not losing it. Ideally what I would like to be to do
> is place a box object on the screen (like the radio-button box) and then
> place objects in it (or at least that effect)

Check out wxStaticBox and wxStaticLine.

>    The one thing I noticed that surprised me when I was browsing the
> archives is that there is no search functionality, is this another case of
> me losing it, or is this just not something that has been brought up
before?

I've got search setup at searchbutton.com.  They spider the archive site a
couple times a month and provide a search engine in exchange for placing
banner adds.  And to top it all off they use Python exclusivly!

You can get to it with this link:
http://search.searchbutton.com/search?site=1148125724  I suppose I should
find out if it is possible to add a link to the page generated by the mail
list software...