[wxPython] What is the best Python book to buy, do any do wxPython?

[wxPython] What is the best Python book to buy, do any do wxPython?

Ben Hall-9
Hi,

I'm looking to buy another Python book.  I have Learning Python, but
it's a little to basic.  Are there any exceptional Python books out
there?  I'm especially interested in ones dealing with wxPython.  I know
O'Reily's Python on Win32 has a brief tutorial, but I'm looking for
something a bit more comprehensive, and I'm not interested in Win32.

Thanks for any tips, sorry if this is the wrong place to post the
message.

Ben

Re: [wxPython] What is the best Python book to buy, do any do wxPython?

Gerrit Holl
<quote name="Ben Hall" date="952092608" email="[hidden email]">
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy another Python book.  I have Learning Python, but
> it's a little to basic.  Are there any exceptional Python books out
> there?  I'm especially interested in ones dealing with wxPython.  I know
> O'Reily's Python on Win32 has a brief tutorial, but I'm looking for
> something a bit more comprehensive, and I'm not interested in Win32.

The online documentation is the most comprehensive out there - and
if you prefer a book, you can read it as a book. You can view the
documentation online at the following URL:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/

If you want to buy it, please consider buying via www.noamazon.com.

> Thanks for any tips, sorry if this is the wrong place to post the
> message.

It is - this list is not about Python but about wxPython - but it
doesn't matter.
</quote>

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Plies korekt enie bet ingglisj joe encauntur in mai imil mesusj!

Re: [wxPython] What is the best Python book to buy, do any do wxPython?

Bill Eldridge-2

"Python Essential Reference" by David Beazley (the SWIG guy),
New Riders press, is excellent as a computer-side reference -
much better for me than continually looking at the on-line
reference, more complete in the basic areas including good
explanations of many topics in addition to strict documentation
(though not including some lesser-used modules like ConfigParser, etc.,
that you'll need the on-line documentation for).

I got it about a month ago, and I've used it about 10 times as
much as my other Python books.

Gerrit Holl wrote:

> <quote name="Ben Hall" date="952092608" email="[hidden email]">
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking to buy another Python book.  I have Learning Python, but
> > it's a little to basic.  Are there any exceptional Python books out
> > there?  I'm especially interested in ones dealing with wxPython.  I know
> > O'Reily's Python on Win32 has a brief tutorial, but I'm looking for
> > something a bit more comprehensive, and I'm not interested in Win32.
>
> The online documentation is the most comprehensive out there - and
> if you prefer a book, you can read it as a book. You can view the
> documentation online at the following URL:
>
>     http://www.python.org/doc/current/
>
> If you want to buy it, please consider buying via www.noamazon.com.
>
> > Thanks for any tips, sorry if this is the wrong place to post the
> > message.
>
> It is - this list is not about Python but about wxPython - but it
> doesn't matter.
> </quote>
>
> regards,
> Gerrit.
>
> --
> Plies korekt enie bet ingglisj joe encauntur in mai imil mesusj!

Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia