[wxPython] Weird stuff with Win32 prebuilt wxPython

[wxPython] Weird stuff with Win32 prebuilt wxPython

Stephen Pitts
I'm running wxPython 2.1b3 (off of the wxPython web page), and the
documentation seems to be ahead of the actual classes. According to the
docs, wxBoxSizer is part of wxWindows now, but I still have to import
wxPython.lib.sizers to use it. wxWindow::SetSizer doesn't exist. Also,
wxBusyInfo doesn't seem to be there either.
--
Stephen Pitts
[hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] Weird stuff with Win32 prebuilt wxPython

Stephen Pitts
On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 10:48:36PM -0500, Stephen Pitts wrote:
> I'm running wxPython 2.1b3 (off of the wxPython web page), and the
> documentation seems to be ahead of the actual classes. According to the
> docs, wxBoxSizer is part of wxWindows now, but I still have to import
> wxPython.lib.sizers to use it. wxWindow::SetSizer doesn't exist. Also,
> wxBusyInfo doesn't seem to be there either.
> --

Also MIA: wxTreeCtrl.SortChildren. I guess I'll have to go compile
wxWindows from source. :-(
--
Stephen Pitts
[hidden email]
webmaster - http://www.mschess.org

Re: [wxPython] Weird stuff with Win32 prebuilt wxPython

Robin Dunn
> On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 10:48:36PM -0500, Stephen Pitts wrote:
> > I'm running wxPython 2.1b3 (off of the wxPython web page), and the
> > documentation seems to be ahead of the actual classes. According to the
> > docs, wxBoxSizer is part of wxWindows now, but I still have to import
> > wxPython.lib.sizers to use it. wxWindow::SetSizer doesn't exist. Also,
> > wxBusyInfo doesn't seem to be there either.

wxWindows docs will always be ahead of wxPython, unless it dies and all the
core developers go away...  wxWindows is a creature of change and it take
time to incorporate those changes into wxPython.  A lot of people seem to
think that if something is in wxWindows that it is automatically part of
wxPython, but that is not the case.  Some things get wrapped easily, others
take a lot of effort.

You can see which classes have been wrapped from the documentation:  Start
at the main contents page, go to "wxPython Notes" and then to "wxWindows
classes implemented in wxPython"

> Also MIA: wxTreeCtrl.SortChildren. I guess I'll have to go compile
> wxWindows from source. :-(

This is one of those things that coupldn't be easily wrapped by wxPython, so
it got skipped when wxTreeCtrl was added.  Some things have changed since
then though, so I'll take another look at it.