[wxPython] Unicode support

Stephen Pitts
I'm considering building a flashcard program in conjunction with a
conversational Japanese class that I'm taking. I've used wxPython
before, and I'd like to use it.

What's the status of Unicode support in wxWindows? Are there any
toolkits (preferably Unix/Windows with scripting language bindings) that
support Unicode, specifically the CJK parts? I think Qt does, but I'm
not sure. Has anyone built an app using Unicode (CJK especially). How
did you do text input, fonts, etc?
--
Stephen Pitts
[hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] Unicode support

Robin Dunn
> I'm considering building a flashcard program in conjunction with a
> conversational Japanese class that I'm taking. I've used wxPython
> before, and I'd like to use it.
>
> What's the status of Unicode support in wxWindows? Are there any
> toolkits (preferably Unix/Windows with scripting language bindings) that
> support Unicode, specifically the CJK parts? I think Qt does, but I'm
> not sure. Has anyone built an app using Unicode (CJK especially). How
> did you do text input, fonts, etc?

wxWindows has "nearly complete" unicode support, but I don't know a whole lot
about it.  Python doesn't support it yet, but once 1.6 is out it will.  At
that time I'll ensure that wxPython can be built with Unicode support all the
way through.