[wxPython] Undefined symbol TransformSizerToActual

[wxPython] Undefined symbol TransformSizerToActual

David McCurley
Hey everyone. If someone has the time, I just need a quick bit of help
here so I can start losing sleep over this cool stuff :) I loaded the
latest wxPython and I am getting the following error when I try to run
the demo:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "demo.py", line 3, in ?
    import Main
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/demo/Main.py", line
15, in ?
    from   wxPython.wx import *
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/__init__.py", line 16,
in ?
    import wxc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/wxcmodule.so:
undefined symbol: TransformSizerToActual__C12wxWindowBasePiT1

Any ideas? Do you think I have an older shared lib stuck on my system?

Some system info:

[davidmac@charger demo]$ rpm -qa | grep wx
wxGTK-devel-2.1.0-9
wxPython-2.1b2-1
wxGTK-2.1.0-9

[davidmac@charger demo]$ rpm -qa | grep tk
gtk+-1.2.3-6mdk
gtk+-devel-1.2.3-6mdk
gtk+10-1.0.6-6mdk
gtk-engines-0.5-16mdk
gtkzip-0.5-1mdk
netkit-base-0.11-11mdk
tk-8.0.4-10mdk
tkinter-1.5.1-11mdk
tksysv-1.0-7mdk
gtksee-0.3.0-2

Thanks for any help :)

David

Re: [wxPython] Undefined symbol TransformSizerToActual

Robin Dunn

> ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/wxcmodule.so:
> undefined symbol: TransformSizerToActual__C12wxWindowBasePiT1
>
> Any ideas? Do you think I have an older shared lib stuck on my system?
>
> Some system info:
>
> [davidmac@charger demo]$ rpm -qa | grep wx
> wxGTK-devel-2.1.0-9
> wxPython-2.1b2-1
> wxGTK-2.1.0-9

Actually, you've got some too new libs ;-)  I havn't released a build of
wxPython for wxGTK snapshot #9 yet.  wxPython 2.1b2 was synced with snapshot
#8.  I'll see if I get get some new RPM's out this week...  In the meantime
you can either go back to the older wxGTK RPMs or build wxPython yourself.