[wxPython] Unattended installation of wxPython for Win32 ?

[wxPython] Unattended installation of wxPython for Win32 ?

Bernard Chatin
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to have an unattended installation
(no questions) of the wxPython binaries for Win32 ?

Thank you.

Bernard Chatin

Re: [wxPython] Unattended installation of wxPython for Win32 ?

Robin Dunn

> I would like to know if there is a way to have an unattended installation
> (no questions) of the wxPython binaries for Win32 ?

InnoSetup is used for the installer.  It's docs say this:

The Setup program accepts optional command line parameters. These can be
useful to system administrators, and to other programs calling the Setup
program.

/SP-
Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at the
beginning of Setup. Of course, this will have no effect if the
DisableStartupPrompt [Setup] section directive was set to yes.

/SILENT, /VERYSILENT
Instructs Setup to be silent or very silent. When Setup is silent the wizard
and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress
window is. When a setup is very silent this installation progress window is
not displayed. Everything else is normal so for example error messages
during installation are displayed and the startup prompt is (if you haven't
disabled it with DisableStartupPrompt or the '/SP-' command line option
explained above)

If a restart is necessary and the '/NORESTART' command isn't used (see
below) and Setup is silent, it will display a Reboot now? messagebox. If
it's very silent it will reboot without asking.

/NORESTART
Instructs Setup not to reboot even if it's necessary.

/LOADINF="filename"
Instructs Setup to load the settings from the specified file after having
checked the command line. This file can be prepared using the '/SAVEINF='
command as explained below.

Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/SAVEINF="filename"
Instructs Setup to save installation settings to the specified file.
 Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/DIR="x:\dirname"
Overrides the default directory name displayed on the Select Destination
Directory wizard page. A fully qualified pathname must be specified. If the
[Setup] section directive DisableDirPage was set to yes, this command line
parameter is ignored.

/GROUP="folder name"
Overrides the default folder name displayed on the Select Start Menu Folder
wizard page. If the [Setup] section directive DisableProgramGroupPage was
set to yes, this command line parameter is ignored.

/NOICONS
Instructs Setup to initially disable the Don't create any icons check box on
the Select Start Menu Folder wizard page.

/COMPONENTS="comma separated list of component names"
Overrides the default components settings. Using this command line parameter
causes Setup to automatically select a custom type.

[hidden email]       Java give you jitters?
http://wxPython.org      Relax with wxPython!

RE: [wxPython] Unattended installation of wxPython for Win32 ?

Dale Strickland-Clark-9
RE: [wxPython] Unattended installation of wxPython for Win32 ?

This is handy stuff to know. Any chance of adding it to the help file or installation material somewhere for the future?

Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd. Custom database and Web  applications.