[wxPython] Time slows down

Sean Mc Grath
I have a program that uses time.time(). When called
from within a wxPython application time.time() seems
to move along a lot more sloowwwly than it does
when invoked from a non-wxPython test harness.

Anything obvious I should know about before I start
trying to pare the app. down to just the time
related components to isolate the problem?

Oh, BTW, I'm using threads. Dunno if that
is relevant.

regards,

http://www.pyxie.org - an Open Source XML Processing library for Python

Re: [wxPython] Time slows down

Robin Dunn
> I have a program that uses time.time(). When called
> from within a wxPython application time.time() seems
> to move along a lot more sloowwwly than it does
> when invoked from a non-wxPython test harness.
>
> Anything obvious I should know about before I start
> trying to pare the app. down to just the time
> related components to isolate the problem?

You wouldn't happen to also be travelling at close to the speed of light when
this happens would you?

> Oh, BTW, I'm using threads. Dunno if that
> is relevant.

It might be.  The global interpreter lock is probably released when
time.time() is called, allowing other threads to run if they are in a waiting
state.  I wouldn't think that it would be enough to make a noticable
difference though...