[wxPython] Speeding up load time

Miles Clark

Hi Robin -

In the wxPython/Tkinter comparison GvR wrote, he mentioned the slow
initial load time for wxPython on Windows.  This is something that's
biting me as well.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up the initial load time for
wxPython apps?  Any tricks/workarounds?

thanks,

Miles

Re: [wxPython] Speeding up load time

Robin Dunn
> In the wxPython/Tkinter comparison GvR wrote, he mentioned the slow
> initial load time for wxPython on Windows.  This is something that's
> biting me as well.
>
> Is there anything that can be done to speed up the initial load time for
> wxPython apps?  Any tricks/workarounds?

Yes, somebody mentioned a few weeks ago some flags that can be specified when
creating the DLL to do delayed loading of the other DLLs.  I havn't yet tried
it to see if it makes much difference, but it is on my list.