[wxPython] SetLogicalFunction() troubles...

[wxPython] SetLogicalFunction() troubles...

Michael Droettboom-5
In regards to my previous problem, I decided that if wxWindows masking
functionality wasn't working, I would do it myself.  (The system now
REQUIRES both a bitmap and and mask bitmap, which is a bit problematic,
but there might be a workaround for this.)  Anyway, as I'm doing this,
it seems that certain wxDC::SetLogicalFunction( ) values simply don't
work!  For instance, wxAND, wxAND_INVERT and wxOR all behave identically
to wxCOPY.  Strangely, wxXOR, wxAND_REVERSE and others seem to work just
fine.  What's going on here?  Am I missing something?  Is this a
wxWindows issue or a wxPython issue?

--
MICHAEL DROETTBOOM
Residence Don

Re: [wxPython] SetLogicalFunction() troubles...

Robin Dunn
Platform and version?

> In regards to my previous problem, I decided that if wxWindows masking
> functionality wasn't working, I would do it myself.  (The system now
> REQUIRES both a bitmap and and mask bitmap, which is a bit problematic,
> but there might be a workaround for this.)  Anyway, as I'm doing this,
> it seems that certain wxDC::SetLogicalFunction( ) values simply don't
> work!  For instance, wxAND, wxAND_INVERT and wxOR all behave identically
> to wxCOPY.  Strangely, wxXOR, wxAND_REVERSE and others seem to work just
> fine.  What's going on here?  Am I missing something?  Is this a
> wxWindows issue or a wxPython issue?
>
> --
> MICHAEL DROETTBOOM
> Residence Don
> Winters College
> York University

Re: [wxPython] SetLogicalFunction() troubles...

Robin Dunn
> > > In regards to my previous problem, I decided that if wxWindows masking
> > > functionality wasn't working, I would do it myself.  (The system now
> > > REQUIRES both a bitmap and and mask bitmap, which is a bit
problematic,
> > > but there might be a workaround for this.)  Anyway, as I'm doing this,
> > > it seems that certain wxDC::SetLogicalFunction( ) values simply don't
> > > work!  For instance, wxAND, wxAND_INVERT and wxOR all behave
identically
> > > to wxCOPY.  Strangely, wxXOR, wxAND_REVERSE and others seem to work
just
> > > fine.  What's going on here?  Am I missing something?  Is this a
> > > wxWindows issue or a wxPython issue?

I don't see anything in wxPython that could be causing any confusion with
these values, so it must be a wxWindows issue.  I know there was some
discussion a while back about how wxINVERT and wxXOR should be mapped to
underlying toolkit logical functions, and they got switched around for GTK,
but as far as I know that is all that has been done with them for quite some
time.