[wxPython] ScrolledWindows in Notebooks?

[wxPython] ScrolledWindows in Notebooks?

andy-224
I have a couple of questions about scrolled windows.

  I've got a notebook, and on some of the pages in the notebook I'm going
to be adding lots of widgets.  I figured I'd just throw in a scrolled
window as the child of the Notebook in the AddPage() call.  If I do this,
wxGTK immediately dies when I try and add the first child to the
scrolledWindow with:

** CRITICAL **: file ./src/gtk/win_gtk.c: line 214 (gtk_myfixed_put): assertion `myfixed != NULL' failed.

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

  Ok, says I - I'll add a panel as the child of the scrolled window, then
add all my widgets to the panel.  No go, same death by GTK.

  With this behavior, I'm beginning to think that the wxScrolledWindow
isn't what I want.  Is the wxScrolledWindow simply a drawing area with
scrollbars on it?  If this is the case, is there a widget which will do
what I want and I'm just not finding it, or am I going to have to
re-invent the wheel and do my own scrolling?

                        &y

Re: [wxPython] ScrolledWindows in Notebooks?

Robin Dunn
> I have a couple of questions about scrolled windows.
>
>   I've got a notebook, and on some of the pages in the notebook I'm going
> to be adding lots of widgets.  I figured I'd just throw in a scrolled
> window as the child of the Notebook in the AddPage() call.  If I do this,
> wxGTK immediately dies when I try and add the first child to the
> scrolledWindow with:
>
> ** CRITICAL **: file ./src/gtk/win_gtk.c: line 214 (gtk_myfixed_put):
assertion `myfixed != NULL' failed.

> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

Actually, this is being discussed on wxwin-developers right now.  It is a
know problem of wxScrolledWindow with child windows and hopefully will be
fixed soon.