[wxPython] Re: python 3D graphics

Randall Hopper-2
Nick Trout:
 |Black Mantis wrote:
 || I am wondering if anybody has any useful information on programing in 3D
 || in python. i would appreciate it very much
 |
 |wxPython has an OpenGL API and a good windowing system to support it. See:
 |www.alldunn.com/wxPython

How does one build the ogl module?  ogl.h is missing (not found in
wxPython-2.1.11.tar.gz).

Please Cc me on replies (not on the mailing list).

Thanks,

Randall

wxPython/modules/ogl > python ../../distrib/build.py -b

> python ../../distrib/build.py -b
Makefile created:  Makefile
Running: gmake -f Makefile
CC  -DSWIG_GLOBAL -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DWXP_USE_THREAD -I. `wx-config --cflags` -I/home/rhh/bin/../software/python/include/python1.5 -I/home/rhh/bin/../software/python/include/python1.5 -I/scratch_local/rhh/BUILD/wxPython/wxGTK/utils/wxPython/src -O -OPT:Olimit=0 -DNULL=0  -c ogl.cpp
cc-1005 CC: ERROR File = oglhelpers.h, Line = 17
  The source file "ogl.h" is unavailable.

  #include <ogl.h>
                  ^

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "ogl.cpp".
Compilation terminated.
gmake: *** [ogl.o] Error 2

Re: [wxPython] Re: python 3D graphics

Robin Dunn

> How does one build the ogl module?  ogl.h is missing (not found in
> wxPython-2.1.11.tar.gz).

OGL is a separate add-on library that uses wxWindows.  You can get it at
ftp://www.remstar.com/pub/wxwin/2.1.10/ogl3.zip or from the wxGTK page too.
(I've never built it from the zip file but hopefully everything you need is
there.)  If you get your wxWindwos from CVS, it is there too in
wxWindows/utils/ogl.