[wxPython] RE: Using HTML as a mean for specifying dialog resources.

[wxPython] RE: Using HTML as a mean for specifying dialog resources.

Ionel Simionescu

Hi.

Allow me to post a little project idea.

Objectives:
-----------
1.
Using HTML for specifying dialog-like resources for wxPython.
2.
Extending wxHTML such as to properly render the HTML widgets such as input,
choice, etc.

Note: Objectives 1 and 2 are functionally equivalent.

Solution:
---------
1.
Respectively map the HTML widgets (and their properties) to a set of
wxPython widget classes. Further, define the translation from each HTML
widget tag to a corresponding <WXP> tag.
2.
Parse the HTML code such as to translate the HTML widgets to the
corresponding <WXP> elements. (Note: Use the HTML or XML parser that comes
with Python.)

(
Unfortunately, after the initial enthusiasm, I realized that I do not
currently have the time for doing it myself. Sorry.
)

ionel