[wxPython] Oops List for wxPython-2_1_11-20000102

[wxPython] Oops List for wxPython-2_1_11-20000102

Gordon Williams
Hi All,

Here are a few problems that I noticed in the latest interim release when I
went through the demo:

1) wxButton: icon is missing from the button
2) wxTreeCtrl: problem with icon spacing
3) wxRadioBox: Background colour is now white
4) Sizers: text on tree and scrolled list goes gray when "try it" button is
activated
5) wxFloatBar: when floating buttons can not be seen and it does not dock
back into the window
6) GenericButtons: some of the buttons overlap a bit

running under w95

regards,

Gordon Williams

Re: [wxPython] Oops List for wxPython-2_1_11-20000102

Robin Dunn

> Here are a few problems that I noticed in the latest interim release when I
> went through the demo:
>
> 1) wxButton: icon is missing from the button

It also does it on win98, but not NT...

> 2) wxTreeCtrl: problem with icon spacing

Can you be more specific, or send me a screen shot?

> 3) wxRadioBox: Background colour is now white

I'm glad somebody else has seen this.  The wxwindows guys think I am nuts.

> 4) Sizers: text on tree and scrolled list goes gray when "try it" button is
> activated

This is because the frame with the sizers is made modal, and that is how a
disabled tree control looks.

> 5) wxFloatBar: when floating buttons can not be seen and it does not dock
> back into the window

I fixed this today.  Something weird was going on with wxWindow::SetSize
(renamed to SetPosition for wxPython.)  So I fixed that and most of the
floatbar's problems went away.  I tweaked a couple other things too.  Now if
I can just figure out how to make it work better for wxGTK...

> 6) GenericButtons: some of the buttons overlap a bit

Do you have larger than normal fonts?  The demo uses brute force positioning
so font sizes could screw it up.

RE: [wxPython] Oops List for wxPython-2_1_11-20000102

Pieter Claerhout-3

I think there are two more problems in the last interim release:

- When you redefine the OnLinkClicked event for a wxHtmlWindow,
  and you want to access the link argument (where you can see
  the contents of the link you clicked on), you only get a
  reference to that object, and not the contents of it.

- Apparently, when you redefine the icon for your application in
  Windows, wxPython scales down the 32x32 pixel one to 16x16
  pixels instead of taking the 16x16 pixel version that is in the
  .ico file. This makes your icons look really muddy.

Kind regards,

Pieter

Pieter Claerhout - [hidden email]
Response Center - Applications Support

Creo Europe - Excelsiorlaan 21 - 1930 Zaventem - Belgium

----------
> From: Robin Dunn <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [wxPython] Oops List for wxPython-2_1_11-20000102
> Date: January 6, 2000 2:14 AM
>

> > Here are a few problems that I noticed in the latest interim release
when I
> > went through the demo:
> >
> > 1) wxButton: icon is missing from the button
>
> It also does it on win98, but not NT...
>
> > 2) wxTreeCtrl: problem with icon spacing
>
> Can you be more specific, or send me a screen shot?

In the Demo window there is a tree with "The Root Item" at the top followed
with expandable Item 0, Item 1, Item 2, and so on.  Beside the Root Item
there appears to be a simile icon and beside Item1 etc, there appears to be
another icon but I cant tell what it is.  The icons are covered by
something, maybe the dotted line indicating the tree structure, or maybe
everything is too close together, I dont know.

> > 3) wxRadioBox: Background colour is now white
>
> I'm glad somebody else has seen this.  The wxwindows guys think I am
nuts.

> > 4) Sizers: text on tree and scrolled list goes gray when "try it"
button is
> > activated
>
> This is because the frame with the sizers is made modal, and that is how
> disabled tree control looks.
>
> > 5) wxFloatBar: when floating buttons can not be seen and it does not
dock
> > back into the window
>
> I fixed this today.  Something weird was going on with wxWindow::SetSize
> (renamed to SetPosition for wxPython.)  So I fixed that and most of the
> floatbar's problems went away.  I tweaked a couple other things too.  Now
if
> I can just figure out how to make it work better for wxGTK...
>
> > 6) GenericButtons: some of the buttons overlap a bit
> >

> Do you have larger than normal fonts?  The demo uses brute force
positioning
> so font sizes could screw it up.

I have Large Fonts set on a 1024x768 sceen.