[wxPython] Notebook pages

Conklin, Jason
I am having trouble with the notebook.  I wish to have a couple pages that
are created and I can insert them and remove them depending on current
conditions.  When I remove a page or create it and do not display it right
away it covers up a potion of the tab on the first page in the notebook.  I
am using wxWindows v 2.2 and python 1.5.2, anyone have an idea what I can do
to stop it from covering this tab?

Jason Conklin
Gentex Corporation

Re: [wxPython] Notebook pages

Robin Dunn
> I am having trouble with the notebook.  I wish to have a couple pages that
> are created and I can insert them and remove them depending on current
> conditions.  When I remove a page or create it and do not display it right
> away it covers up a potion of the tab on the first page in the notebook.  I
> am using wxWindows v 2.2 and python 1.5.2, anyone have an idea what I can
do
> to stop it from covering this tab?

Are the windows you are putting in the pages children of the notebook or the
window that the notebook is in?

The demo does what you are describing, you might want to look and see how
it's done there.

Re: [wxPython] Notebook pages

> Actually, It's not in the Demo.  I have a class that inherits the
> notebook, and all of the pages are children of it.  I have a couple pages
> that I do not want shown all of the time.  I want to create them when I
> initialize the notebook but not add them as pages yet.  I want  to be able
> to later insert the page and remove it programatically without recreating
it
> everytime.  It appears as though if I do not add it as a page it places the
> wxPanel that I have made for it at (0,0) of the notebook and it covers up a
> portion of the first tab in the notebook.

Ah, I see.  If the page window is created but is not being managed by the
notebook then it will display itself the best it can as you are seeing.  You
can try doing a Show(false) on the child windows, but I think the best answer
is to not create them until they are added to the notebook.