[wxPython] Newbie wxFileDialog questions

[wxPython] Newbie wxFileDialog questions

Keith Douglas
A couple of (probably simple) questions from a Python newbie...

How can I select more than one file in wxFileDialog and return them?

Can I sub-class a wxFileDialog and add other widgets to make a
mega-widget?  For example, can I add extra buttons or a preview window.

Thanks,
Keith

Re: [wxPython] Newbie wxFileDialog questions

Robin Dunn
> A couple of (probably simple) questions from a Python newbie...
>
> How can I select more than one file in wxFileDialog and return them?

This was talked about a while back but I don't see anything in the docs or
code to support it, so it must not have been done yet.

> Can I sub-class a wxFileDialog and add other widgets to make a
> mega-widget?  For example, can I add extra buttons or a preview window.

The wxFileDialog actually uses the common dialogs on MSW and is not truly a
subclass of wxDialog.  This means that if you subclass it none of your
modifications will take effect because it is a totally different window that
actually gets displayed with ShowModal.

It's a different story with the generic wxFileDialog used on GTK and others,
but as long as the MSW version keeps using the standard ones it's a
dead-end.