[wxPython] Newbie question

Gary Strangman

Hi,

I'm brand new to wxPython, and wxWindows for that matter, and have a
question.  I'm trying to capture events associated with a scrollbar (one
not attached to a scrolled window), but I get NameErrors on the
EVT_COMMAND_LINEUP() etc. macros (which I thought were the ones for
scrollbars).  Looking at events.py, it seems to me that no scrolling
wxWindows events are implemented for scrollbars in wxPython.  Am I
correct? If not, how do I capture things like arrow-clicks, gutter clicks,
etc. for a scrollbar? Any help would be most appreciated.  (I saw a
discussion of scrollbars a short while back, but was unable to figure out
these details ...)  FWIW, I'm using wxPython2.1b2 and Python1.5.2 on a
WinNT machine (though plan to use it on an IRIX6.2 and Solaris2.6
machines eventually as well).

Thanks!

Gary Strangman
strang at nmr.mbh.harvard.edu

Re: [wxPython] Newbie question

Robin Dunn
> I'm brand new to wxPython, and wxWindows for that matter, and have a

Welcome!

> question.  I'm trying to capture events associated with a scrollbar (one
> not attached to a scrolled window), but I get NameErrors on the
> EVT_COMMAND_LINEUP() etc. macros (which I thought were the ones for
> scrollbars).  Looking at events.py, it seems to me that no scrolling
> wxWindows events are implemented for scrollbars in wxPython.  Am I
> correct? If not, how do I capture things like arrow-clicks, gutter clicks,
> etc. for a scrollbar? Any help would be most appreciated.  (I saw a
> discussion of scrollbars a short while back, but was unable to figure out
> these details ...)  FWIW, I'm using wxPython2.1b2 and Python1.5.2 on a
> WinNT machine (though plan to use it on an IRIX6.2 and Solaris2.6
> machines eventually as well).

Looks like a documentation error.  It should be EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_LINEUP
and etc.