[wxPython] Miscellaneous functions

Cristian Echeverria-2
Hi Group

Looking into the wxPython docs I found some "Miscellaneous functions" like
wxDisplaySize() and wxExecute(), are this functions usable?

wxExecute() seems to work, but has this some advantages from using
os.spawnv (standard python lib) ?

Cristian Echeverria

Re: [wxPython] Miscellaneous functions

Robin Dunn
> Looking into the wxPython docs I found some "Miscellaneous functions" like
> wxDisplaySize() and wxExecute(), are this functions usable?

Yes, I beleive I wrapped all the standalone functions that were not platform
specific or real low-level functions that wouldn't apply to wxPython (like
wxEntry.)

> wxExecute() seems to work, but has this some advantages from using
> os.spawnv (standard python lib) ?

Probably not.  There are a lot of things that wxWindows does that Python can
already do.  Most of them are done better or easier by Python.