[wxPython] Major problem with wxMessageDialog

[wxPython] Major problem with wxMessageDialog

Jochen Schaeuble-2
I tried to display a messagebox in a function that is called by a class
destructor using the following command:
  dlg=wxMessageDialog(gui.gui_mainframe, "text", "title", wxOK |
wxICON_INFORMATION)

gui.gui_mainframe is a global variable containing an existing and correct
reference to the application frame
(derived from wxFrame). My problem is that I always get a segmentation fault
as soon as the Constructor
of the MessageDialog is called (inside cmndlgs.py line 315). This is the
following line:
  self.this = apply(cmndlgsc.new_wxMessageDialog, _args, _kwargs)

Anyone has an idea what the problem might be?

Thx
  Jochen