[wxPython] Images colors

Echeverria Rabi, Cristian  Rodrigo, TRANSELEC S.A.

Hi ...

Python 1.5.2, wxPython 2.1.11, Win95/98

I had noticed that wxListCtrl and wxTreeCtrl accept only
16 colours images, but buttons accepts more and when
you use a dc to paint an image on a panel it accept more
colours too.
How many colours may have Images in diferents parts of wxWindows?
Is there a reason for this ?
Does it happend on the gtk version too?

Thanks in advice

Cristian Echeverria

Re: [wxPython] Images colors

Robin Dunn

> Python 1.5.2, wxPython 2.1.11, Win95/98
>
> I had noticed that wxListCtrl and wxTreeCtrl accept only
> 16 colours images,

I would guess that this is a limitation of the native controls on MSW.

> but buttons accepts more and when
> you use a dc to paint an image on a panel it accept more
> colours too.
> How many colours may have Images in diferents parts of wxWindows?
> Is there a reason for this ?

wxImage is always 32-bit, wxBitmap is always the same colour depth as your
screen, unless you tell it otherwise

> Does it happend on the gtk version too?

I think it is the same, except it won't have the platform limitations in
wxListCtrl and wxTreeCtrl.