[wxPython] IPC 8

Robin Dunn
I am working on my presentation for IPC 8 and figured I may get some
questions like "Who is using wxPython?" or "What kinds of things is wxPython
being used for?" so I figured I should try to add a slide or two that answers
those questions.

If you have moved beyond the "just trying it out" stage with wxPython and are
using it to solve real problems, please send me a mail ASAP (no need to send
it to the group) and let me know what kinds of things you are using wxPython
for and if I can use your name or your company name.

Thanks!

Re: [wxPython] IPC 8; and a bug?

Joshua Judson Rosen-2
>I am working on my presentation for IPC 8 and figured I may get some
>questions like "Who is using wxPython?" or "What kinds of things is wxPython
>being used for?" so I figured I should try to add a slide or two that answers
>those questions.
>
>If you have moved beyond the "just trying it out" stage with wxPython and are
>using it to solve real problems, please send me a mail ASAP (no need to send
>it to the group) and let me know what kinds of things you are using wxPython
>for and if I can use your name or your company name.

This e-mail has been sent with the e-mail client that I'm writing to solve my need for an extensible, cross-platform e-mail client. I've currently got the web site for it at http://rozzin.homepage.com/. I wanted to use Python in numerous parts of the program, so my options for the GUI were either Tk (which I initially tried, and it put me off of development for a good year;)), JPython, or wxPython, which I most recently discovered and am generally very happy about:)

I figured that wxPython would allow me to better integrate with the OSes and GUI environments than JPython, and allow access to all of the C modules for Python.

BTW, I discovered the othe day, upon upgrading my Windows wxPython installation to 2.1.11, that wxListBox.Delete caused the Python interpreter to crash.

I haven't installed the GTK+ version yet, because it's not worthwhile until I've got a working Windows version, so I don't know if that one's got the same problem.

Re: [wxPython] IPC 8; and a bug?

Robin Dunn
> BTW, I discovered the othe day, upon upgrading my Windows wxPython
installation to 2.1.11, that wxListBox.Delete caused the Python interpreter
to crash.

Yes, this is known and has been fixed for the next release.