[wxPython] IDE using wxPython

Cliff Baeseman
Robin,
   I have never posted to this list before but I have to hand it to you
and anyone else that may have been involved in wxPython development. I
am relatively new to Python but have been writing C++ and C using GTK
for quite some time now.  I am happy to finally get rid of those and am
now using python and wxPython for almost everything. The object model of
the wxPython port is outstanding and very easy to pick up on.

Great job guys...

To help further my knowledge I have taken on the bold task of creating
a IDE using wxPython which looks very VB like. I am having a good time
with the project so far mainly do to the clean wxPython interface. The
project is pretty much vaporware at the moment so I do not wish to get
anyones hopes up. I see absolutely no problems in building this thing
using your excellent library.  If anyone is interested in watching
things happen the Python Builder (PB, pbuilder) is hosted on
http://www.sourceforge.net

Python + wxPython = KillerApp ;)

Cliff Baeseman
Senior Developer
Greenheck Fan Corporation

Re: [wxPython] IDE using wxPython

Robin Dunn

> Great job guys...

Thanks!

> To help further my knowledge I have taken on the bold task of creating
> a IDE using wxPython which looks very VB like. I am having a good time
> with the project so far mainly do to the clean wxPython interface. The
> project is pretty much vaporware at the moment so I do not wish to get
> anyones hopes up. I see absolutely no problems in building this thing
> using your excellent library.  If anyone is interested in watching
> things happen the Python Builder (PB, pbuilder) is hosted on
> http://www.sourceforge.net

Sounds cool.  There are actually a few people working on IDEs or builder
tools of various shapes and flavors.  I think it's going to be a race to see
who first gets something far enough along that the others can join in and
contribute to. :-)

> Python + wxPython = KillerApp ;)

I agree, that's why I'm here.