[wxPython] IDE/editor

Cristian Echeverria-2

> What are people using for a development environment on Windows?  I'm
> trying
> out
> IDLE and Pythonwin, but have run into an irritation:  When my wxPython
> code
> is incorrect (which is often right now), after editing I get an "only 1
> wxApp per process" error message when I rerun the program.  Anyone know
> what
> I'm doing wrong, how to work around this, or a better environment on
> Windows?

Some options...

EditPlus : Shareware ($20 USD), easy to setup, syntax highlighting, autocompletion, projects,
output recovery, etc.
Homepage http://www.editplus.com. (they have a user files section with python syntax and
autocompletion files)
Very, very good.

PFE (Programmer's File Editor): Freeware, very similar to EditPlus, maybe better,
but it has no syntax highlighting.
Homepage : http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/

SynEdit: Freeware, syntax highlighting, autocompletion, projects. Comes with all the syntax
you will need (including python). It has a problem : it can't capture output.
Homepage : http://www.mkidesign.com/synedit/

Cristian Echeverría

Re: [wxPython] IDE/editor

Stuart Stanley

Ok, I'll break lurker-hood for a simple question:  How about the
same for Unix(Linux)?  As a general note, I tend to work in the style of
hoping in and out of my editor _alot_ from many different windows.  Changing
that mode of operation has been the big impediment to Emacs, so pure
emacs is out for the moment.  However, I do use a very simple version of
micro-emacs, so I am fairly used to the key bindings...

Sugestions anyone?

 On the side of the software box, in the "System   | Stuart Stanley
 Requirements" section, it said "Requires Windows  | [hidden email]
 95 or better". So I installed Linux.              | Lucent Technologies, MGRD.
                                                   | Eden Prairie, MN
                                                   | 612.996.6829

RE: [wxPython] IDE/editor

erskine, michael
Try JED - has python highlighting, is cross platform, uses emacs or
windows-style keybindings, is small and is free!

MSEmtd
[hidden email]
http://www.unformat.free-online.co.uk/