[wxPython] How to make a stay-on-top window

[wxPython] How to make a stay-on-top window

Hannu Krosing-4
Hi,

I want to make a window (toolbox) that stays above
other windows in a window group. I have not found a
way to do it in wxPython/GTK.

(btw, the wxMiniFrame seems to be stay-on-bottom ;) )

Is there a way to specify such behaviour in a portable way ?

If not, how should I access the underlying X libs to give
the required wm hints directly ?

Hannu

Re: [wxPython] How to make a stay-on-top window

Robin Dunn

> I want to make a window (toolbox) that stays above
> other windows in a window group. I have not found a
> way to do it in wxPython/GTK.

There are wxFRAME_FLOAT_ON_PARENT, and wxSTAY_ON_TOP styles for MSW, but I
don't know if they work for GTK or not.

> (btw, the wxMiniFrame seems to be stay-on-bottom ;) )

Works like a normal frame for me on wxGTK and wxMSW.

Robin

Robin Dunn wrote:

> > (btw, the wxMiniFrame seems to be stay-on-bottom ;) )
>
> Works like a normal frame for me on wxGTK and wxMSW.

I'm using KDE (KWM) and once I have cliked some other
window so it is raised above the wxMiniFrame (from Demo)
there seems to be no way to put it on top again (except
sending the other window to back)

Re: [wxPython] How to make a stay-on-top window

Robin Dunn
> Robin Dunn wrote:
> >
> > > (btw, the wxMiniFrame seems to be stay-on-bottom ;) )
> >
> > Works like a normal frame for me on wxGTK and wxMSW.
>
> I'm using KDE (KWM) and once I have cliked some other
> window so it is raised above the wxMiniFrame (from Demo)
> there seems to be no way to put it on top again (except
> sending the other window to back)

Because it's hidden and there is no item in the taskbar, or because it
doesn't raise when clicking on it?

Robin Dunn wrote:

> > > Works like a normal frame for me on wxGTK and wxMSW.
> >
> > I'm using KDE (KWM) and once I have cliked some other
> > window so it is raised above the wxMiniFrame (from Demo)
> > there seems to be no way to put it on top again (except
> > sending the other window to back)
> >

> Because it's hidden and there is no item in the taskbar, or because it
> doesn't raise when clicking on it?

The latter - it does not raise when clicked on.

---------
Hannu